Medicine Hat Legal Help Centre offers free and confidential legal advice at our evening clinics to individuals in a low income financial bracket and do not qualify for Legal Aid. In particular, we provide services to individuals with legal issues in:
- Family Law
- Debt and Foreclosure
- Estate Administration
- Estate/Life Planning
- Landlord and Tenant
- Civil Matters
Who Qualifies for Service?
Medicine Hat Legal Help Centre uses a set of income guidelines to determine whether you are able to qualify for our assistance. Clients who do not qualify for Legal Aid and who are low income may be eligible.
We may be able to help you:
- Understand legislation
- Obtain information
- Prepare for court hearings
- Discuss your rights and obligations
Preparing For Clinic Appointments:
- Organize and bring any important papers including court document or letters
- Make child care arrangements prior to coming and if possible do not bring children to the appointment
- Be as honest and open during your meeting with the lawyer as possible. Our lawyers are here to help you, not judge you or your situation. Any information that you are not telling them could in fact hurt your case. All information is completely confidential and will not be shared outside of the organization.
- A clinic appointment does not guarantee that Medicine Hat Legal Help Centre will be able to provide additional or in-house legal services; and
- Filing fees, disbursements and other costs are not covered by Medicine Hat Legal Help Centre.
Please call Medicine Hat Legal Help Centre at 403-712-1021 to learn more or to book an appointment. Link here to view the calendar that shows the up and coming outreach clinic dates, times and locations.